Since January 2021, I am a Ph.D. candidate in statistics between Sorbonne University (Paris) (in the Probability and Statistics Lab LPSM), and Hochschule Darmstadt (Germany). I work under the supervision of Sebastian Döhler (Hochschule Darmstadt) and Etienne Roquain (LPSM).
My current research interests are multiple testing (MT). More specifically, my thesis research aims to propose new approaches ensuring control of the false discovery proportion either in probability (uniform tail bounds) or in expectation (false discovery rate) while accounting for various constraints and structures such as:
- data observed in an online fashion;
- discrete data, e.g., coming from contingency tables;
- pre-ordered data, e.g., when a natural order either emerges from the same data or is fixed by advance.
For detailed information about my education you can find my complete cv here.
- A unified class of null proportion estimators with plug-in FDR control. S. Döhler, I. M (2023) arXiv Preprint
- False discovery proportion envelopes with consistency. I. M, G. Blanchard, E. Roquain (2023) arXiv preprint
- Online multiple testing with super-uniformity reward. S. Döhler, I. M, E. Roquain (2021) (In review for EJS)
arXiv preprint code
- November 2023, Statistics seminar, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
- October 2023, Statistics workshop, Institut Henri Poincaré, Paris, France
- October 2023, Séminaire de statistiques, INRAE/Université de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
- July 2023, Journées des Statistiques, Brussels, Belgium
- May 2023, Workshop on Statistical Data Science, Darmstadt, Germany
- September 2022, Efficient statistical testing for high-dimensional model (ANR FAST-BIG) workshop, Inria, Paris
- August 2022, International Conference on Multiple Comparison Procedures, Bremem, Germany
- June 2022, Journées des Statistiques, Lyon, France
- April 2022, Rencontres Jeunes Statisticiens, Porquerolles, France
- March 2022, Post-selection inference for genomic and neuroimaging data workshop (ANR SansSouci), Institut Mathématique de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
- February 2022, Young Statisticians and Probabilists day, Institut Henri Poincaré, Paris, France
- November 2021, PhD students seminar at LPSM (Groupe de travail des thésard), Sorbonne Université, Paris, France
Fall semester 2022 at Sorbonne Université
- Statistics and linear models in R (practical sessions) for first year master students in actuarial (M1 ISUP).
- Data science in Python (practical sessions) for first year bachelor students in maths
Fall semester 2021 at Sorbonne Université
- Linear models (exercice class) for first year master students in actuarial (M1 ISUP).
- Data science in Python (practical sessions) for first year bachelor students in maths.
During my free time I like to paint and look for nice vintage thrift shops in Paris.
Contact me at iqraa dot meah at sorbonne-universite dot fr